selenityjade

selenityjade

Roth is the sexiest book demon EVER!

White Hot Kiss - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I’m going to go a girly squeal of happiness because I absolutely, completely, totally (yes I am being redundant) LOVE Roth. I just do. He’s great. He’s hot. He pops up out of no where, talks Layla into doing crazy things, and he likes her. What’s not to like about the beginning of this series?

Well okay, I do have one peeve. It’s the age of Roth. JLA explains it and everything within the novel, but honestly… eh, I’d have preferred a more traditional, “he’s been around since demons were created” type story. However, I can overlook that with the awesomeness of this novel.

Firstly, the world JLArmentrout created with the Wardens and demons was nicely done. I have my own theories on them and the Alphas and what exactly is the reasoning behind it, but I won’t share. That would involve spoilers of what was explained in the novel and I honestly try to avoid those in reviews. In the beginning, Wardens equaled the good guys, and demons were all evil. By the end of the novel, you knew not everything was what is seemed, although not nearly enough was explained. Hence, I’m holding my breath for the next novel.

Secondly, the characters are as always diverse and realistic. Layla with her issues of belonging because of her heritage, yet her strength in not giving into most of her self-doubts. Roth, well he’s a little hard to read sometimes, but he’s great. And the fact he hums Guns N Roses makes me grin. (I’m a Guns N Roses fan, it’s my decade, so yeah, I LOVE it!)  Of course, Zayne is a sweetheart, but I was so angry with him in this novel. Layla has it so hard and to go and do some of the absentminded things he did…. Wow. And of course Dez and Jasmine as well as their twins were here, plus Jasmine’s sister. The patriarch of the clan, some dissenters who hate Layla’s very presence, and add in an evil bad-guy hunting for Layla and the action and drama never stop!

Lastly, the story was wonderfully done in that it gave you enough to explain what was going on, yet kept some things from the reader so you have more to learn next time. Nice balancing, that. All in all, 5 stars!